The Division of Administration & Finance undertakes cross-cutting functions that provide/facilitate enabling systems, activities and structures that support the Commission’s core mandate. The Division has the responsibility of overseeing and managing the Financial, ICT, Human Resource and Administrative affairs at the Commission, in addition to supporting the Commission’s oversight role over the universities. Activities of the Division are fully aligned to the Commission’s Strategic Plan under Key Results Area (KRA) No. 4, namely, “Institutional Capacity and Resource Mobilization”. The Strategic Objectives under this KRA are to:
- Establish proper management and mobilization of financial resources
- Embrace information Communication Technology in all sectors of the Commission.
- Attract, develop and retain competent staff.
The Division continues to give its very best to sustain operations of the Commission by providing corporate services in the areas of Finance, ICT, Human Resource Management & Development, Assets Management, Transport Management, Security and Staff Welfare. Further, the Division is well positioned to collaboratively undertake expanded mandate of the Commission pertaining to Student welfare, governance, administrative, leadership, and environmental management issues in the Universities in order to be able to address emerging issues in the higher education sector.
Functions of the Division of Administration and Finance
- To develop and oversee the implementation of Administration & Human Resource, Finance and ICT policies, procedures and strategies;
- To manage the Commission’s financial process;
- To collate financial reporting for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/programs and grants accounting;
- To ensure compliance with guidelines on labour laws, constitutional requirements and any other statutes issued by Government from time to time;
- To oversee ICT infrastructure and automation of systems and processes;
- To co-ordinate the provision of security services at the Commission;
- To undertake any other duties as may be duly delegated.
The Division comprises of 3 Departments:
- The Department of ICT
- The Department of Finance
- The Department of Administration & Human Resource
Departments within the Division of Administration and Finance
As part of Corporate Social Responsibility, the Division of Administration and Finance spearheaded the planting of trees at the Commission