The university education sub-sector continues to experience massive transformation locally and globally. Student numbers are growing as are institutions. Despite the challenges that come with such growth, however, university education is still a top priority for many individuals today. In
reviewing the strides and milestones of the university sub-sector today, the Commission for University Education (CUE) recently entered into a partnership with the Standard Group Limited to share with stakeholders through a quarterly journal dubbed STATE OF UNIVERSITY EDUCATION IN KENYA some of their innovations and solutions to the development of thecountry’s national agenda. The first issue was published on 1st August,2020.
The objectives of the journal included:
1. Educate and inform potential students and the public at large about the programmes available in our local universities;
2. Foster university-industry partnerships;
3. Emphasize the research and innovations being undertaken universities;
4. Explore questions of funding universities; and ;
5. Inter-university transfer procedures and mode of online teaching, among others.
The next journal will be published in December, 2020.Please find the link to the recently published journal on the State of University Education in